Wednesday, December 6, 2006

The Augusta Canal Ran Dry!










I was quite taken aback yesterday driving around town and took a glance at the canal on my way home and saw the sucker was empty! Needless to tell you but I grabbed my camera at the house and went back to the canal to get these pictures. They are working on one of the side gates to the canal that allowed water to flow into a electricity making system to one of the mills (third picture) and I am quite surprised that they would completely drain the canal for repair work. Poor fishes.


Now the Augusta Canal statue has some water motion. Still can't figure out what the main base part represents.

Here I walked in my flip flops.

As always, views of downtown from the canal in this part of town is nice to see, especially the Lamar Building. Yes, that is a water tank to the far left above Augusta, just like in Manhattan.

Another view of the Sacred Hearts Church with South Carolina hills in the back.
It suddenly hit me that this street has three crosswalks over the street in the same area.

No comments: